August Trip Scheduled – Ethiopia and Cameroon
Team Members Bob, Jayne, Cathy, Sandra and Steve
This August, CVAI is sponsoring an educators’ trip to Cameroon at the invitation of the Cameroon Baptist Convention Education Department. We will be leading the team of energetic teachers who have a variety of specialties. Our education certifications are elementary ed., library, reading, technology ed. computers, and social studies. The team will conclude the trip by conducting a weeklong workshop for Cameroonian teachers during their school vacation.
Expected trip itinerary:
· July 31-August 6, depart USA and travel to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to visit the exemplary Selam Technical & Vocational College, and do volunteer work with CVAI founding board members Les & Maxine Williams. Les & Maxine direct Hope for Youth Ethiopia, a ministry to street children.
· August 7-15, travel to Bamenda, Cameroon. Install a library at a local primary school in the village next to where the technical school is being built. Do repair work at school. (A fundraiser at Jayne’s elementary school provided funds for the elementary school. The books for the library were shipped in a container we sent last year.) Work at the Cameroon Baptist Comprehensive High School in nearby Belo upgrading their library and computer lab.
· August 16-21, conduct teacher-training workshops at Belo for the three Baptist high schools where some technical subjects are taught. We will be working towards CVAI’s mission through the training of technical/vocational educators in these high schools. This includes how to teach from a Biblical world view. We return to USA on August 22.
· We are thankful for the opportunity to lead a team of five educators. Pray for our planning time and preparation for the teaching we will do.
· We are thankful to God for 10 years of friends and supporters of CVAI.
· Pray for funding sources to move the school construction forward.
CVAI has made a commitment to work towards providing young people with Christ-centered vocational and academic training in developing countries. In Cameroon we are working with the Cameroon Baptist Convention. We thank you for your commitment to pray for us, and support us.
In Colossians 3:23&24, the Apostle Paul writes: “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” (NIV)
We need your support
Please consider making a commitment both prayerfully and financially so we can lead this team. You can make a tax deductable donation towards our travel support to “CVAI” by check, or by credit card through our website www.cvai.org.