The last two weeks of July, Jayne and Bob Dambman will be in Cameroon with CVAI founding board member Les Williams. Les is a dear friend we first worked with in Nigeria beginning in 1979. I refer to Les as an Africa expert, who has worked along with his wife Maxine in several African countries for many decades. They currently have a ministry to youth in Ethiopia (Hope for Youth, Ethiopia). CVAI sent a team to work with them for one week in Ethiopia in 2010.
During the 2015-16 school year, BCHS Njinikejem celebrated their 50th anniversary. Over the past few years, their enrollment has greatly increased. They now have 916 students, and are expanding the campus buildings.
Emphasis of work in Cameroon for July 2016
- Strategize for future involvement in Cameroon
- Visit and consult with new agriculture initiatives at school including flock of 200 hens and coffee harvesting.
- Consult on building expansion of campus.
- Seek a grant for upgrade to electrical service to school and wiring of buildings.
Donations are requested for our travel and work at the school.
Projects completed in 2015 at BCHS Njinikejem, Cameroon
- Expansion and renovation of electrical lab and program
- Training of electronics teachers with new equipment; (Both of the above items were made possible by a grant from New Life Thrift Store, Glenside.)
- Interviewed BCHS graduates so that we could learn how they have been impacted by the workshops that CVAI has renovated over the past few years.